Forrester’s Predictions 2024: Fifty Percent Of Large European Firms Will Proactively Invest In AI Compliance
Forrester’s predictions analyse the dynamics and trends across different topics and industries, including technology and innovation; B2B marketing, sales, and product; AI and automation, customer experience (CX), and the future of work. These insights help leaders gain a competitive edge to thrive in the year ahead.
Highlights from Forrester’s 2024 predictions include:
- CX will improve for the first time in years — thanks to generative AI. The key to CX improvements in 2024 will be behind-the-scenes genAI that helps customer service agents answer questions faster and better, resolve CX issues on first contact, and leave customers feeling heard.
- Clouds will launch prompt engineering services — to no avail. Cloud hyperscalers will announce either a preview or the general availability of prompt engineering, the process of structuring text so that it can be understood by a genAI model. Enterprise adoption, however, will be limited.
- Enterprise AI initiatives will boost productivity and creative problem-solving by 50% in the year ahead. Generative AI is poised to increase productivity across all IT roles — not just among developers. Additionally, business, technology, and marketing leaders’ investment in genAI in the year ahead will augment employees’ creative problem-solving time by up to 50% — driving customer-centric innovation and creating greater business value.
- Generational differences will alter B2B buying preferences. Millennial buyers make up 75% of business buying teams. In 2023, 40% of these buyers will demand early access to B2B product experts. When engaged in face-to-face buying, these buyers find personal interactions with product experts more meaningful than all other in-person activities.
Europewill lead hybrid work adoption. Forresterpredicts that Europewill outpace the US in flexible working in 2024, with 40% of Europeans working remotely at least some of the time. The Netherlandsleads the continent in its support for flexible working, with 74% of workers allowed to work remotely in 2023. And only 11% of European business leaders expect employees to return to the office full-time.
“While genAI applications are still emerging, enterprises can no longer ignore or downplay its impact,” said
- Download Forrester’s 2024 Predictions guide, covering big-impact predictions for the coming year.
- Learn more about Forrester’s predictions and how genAI will be a game changer for businesses in 2024.
- Visit Forrester’s 2024 Predictions hub to uncover additional resources.
- Explore Forrester Decisions to uncover research, models, frameworks, and hands-on guidance to execute critical business priorities.
PR Manager, EMEA
direct +44 20 7323 7602 | mobile +44 7977 828017 | email@example.com