SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20549
PURSUANT TO SECTION 13 OR 15(D)
OF THE SECURITIES EXCHANGE ACT OF 1934
Date of Report (Date of Earliest Event Reported):
(Exact name of registrant as specified in its charter)
(State or other jurisdiction
(Address of principal executive offices, including zip code)
(Registrant’s telephone number including area code)
(Former Name or Former Address, if Changes since Last Report)
Check the appropriate box below if the Form 8-K filing is intended to simultaneously satisfy the filing obligation of the registrant under any of the following provisions:
Written communications pursuant to Rule 425 under the Securities Act (17 CFR 230.425)
Soliciting material pursuant to Rule 14a-12 under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.14a-12)
Pre-commencement communications pursuant to Rule 14d-2(b) under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.14d-2(b))
Pre-commencement communications pursuant to Rule 13-4(c) under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.13e-4(c))
Securities registered pursuant to Section 12(b) of the Act:
Title of Each Class
Name of Each Exchange
on Which Registered
Indicate by check mark whether the registrant is an emerging growth company as defined in Rule 405 of the Securities Act of 1933 (17 CFR §230.405) or Rule 12b-2 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (17 CFR §240.12b-2).
Emerging growth company
If an emerging growth company, indicate by check mark if the registrant has elected not to use the extended transition period for complying with any new or revised financial accounting standards provided pursuant to Section 13(a) of the Exchange Act. ☐
|Item 1.01.|| |
Entry into a Material Definitive Agreement
At the Annual Meeting of Stockholders of Forrester Research, Inc. (the “Company”) held on May 9, 2023 (the “Annual Meeting”), the stockholders of the Company approved the amendment and restatement of the Forrester Research, Inc. Amended and Restated Equity Incentive Plan (the “Amended and Restated Equity Incentive Plan”), pursuant to which the number of shares available for purchase was increased by 3,500,000 shares, as previously described in the Company’s Proxy Statement on Schedule 14A filed on March 28, 2023, with such amendment and restatement effective as of May 9, 2023, the date of approval by the stockholders of the Company.
The Amended and Restated Equity Incentive Plan is included with this Current Report on Form 8-K as Exhibit 10.1.
|Item 5.02|| |
Departure of Directors or Certain Officers; Election of Directors; Appointment of Certain Officers; Compensatory Arrangements of Certain Officers
Sarah Le Roy has resigned from her position as Chief People Officer of the Company, effective May 19, 2023.
See Item 1.01.
|Item 5.07.|| |
Submission of Matters to a Vote of Security Holders
At the Annual Meeting, the proposals listed below were submitted to a vote of the stockholders. The proposals are described in the Company’s definitive proxy statement for the Annual Meeting. Each of the proposals was approved by the stockholders pursuant to the voting results set forth below.
Proposal 1 – The election of eight nominees to the Company’s Board of Directors.
The eight nominees named in the definitive proxy statement were elected to serve as directors. Information as to the vote on each director standing for election is provided below:
George F. Colony
Robert M. Galford
Gretchen G. Teichgraeber
Proposal 2 – Approval of an amendment and restatement of the Company’s Amended and Restated Equity Incentive Plan.
The voting results were as follows:
Proposal 3 – The ratification of the selection of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as the Company’s independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2023.
The voting results were as follows:
Proposal 4 – Approval by non-binding vote Forrester Research, Inc. executive compensation.
The voting results were as follows:
Proposal 5 – To recommend, by non-binding vote, the frequency of non-binding executive compensation votes.
A majority of the votes cast with respect to this matter were in favor of an annual vote, consistent with the recommendation of the Board of Directors for an annual vote.
Consistent with the stated preference of a majority of the Company’s stockholders, the Board of Directors determined that it will hold an annual advisory vote on the compensation of the Company’s named executive officers until the next required vote on the frequency of stockholder votes on compensation of named executive officers, which will occur no later than the Company’s annual meeting of stockholders in 2029.
|Item 9.01.|| |
Financial Statements and Exhibits
Amended and Restated Equity Incentive Plan, effective May 9, 2023.
Cover Page Interactive Data File (embedded within the Inline XBRL document).
Pursuant to the requirements of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the registrant has duly caused this report to be signed on its behalf by the undersigned hereunto duly authorized.
|FORRESTER RESEARCH, INC.|
/s/ Ryan D. Darrah
|Name:||Ryan D. Darrah|
|Title:||Chief Legal Officer and Secretary|
Date: May 15, 2023
FORRESTER RESEARCH, INC.
AMENDED AND RESTATED EQUITY INCENTIVE PLAN
(as amended through May 9, 2023)
Exhibit A, which is incorporated by reference, defines the terms used in the Plan and sets forth certain operational rules related to those terms.
The Plan has been established to advance the interests of the Company by providing for the grant to Participants of Stock-based Awards.
The Administrator has discretionary authority, subject only to the express provisions of the Plan, to interpret the Plan; determine eligibility for and grant Awards; determine, modify or waive the terms and conditions of any Award; prescribe forms, rules and procedures; and otherwise do all things necessary to carry out the purposes of the Plan. Determinations of the Administrator made under the Plan will be conclusive and will bind all parties.
LIMITS ON AWARDS UNDER THE PLAN
(a) Number of Shares. The number of Shares available for delivery in satisfaction of Awards under the Plan shall be determined in accordance with this Section 4(a).
(1) Subject to Section 7(b), the maximum number of Shares that may be delivered in satisfaction of Awards under the Plan shall be nine million nine hundred thirty thousand (9,930,000) plus the number (not to exceed two and one-half million (2,500,000)) of unused Shares from the Prior Plans. For purposes of the preceding sentence, shares of Stock shall be unused Prior Plan shares (i) if they were subject to awards under the Prior Plan, other than restricted stock awards, that were outstanding on the day preceding the Original 2006 Plan Effective Date to the extent such Prior Plan awards are exercised or are satisfied, or terminate or expire, on or after the Original 2006 Plan Effective Date without the delivery of such shares, or (ii) if they were outstanding on the day preceding the Original 2006 Plan Effective Date as restricted stock awards under the Prior Plan and are thereafter forfeited. The number of Shares delivered in satisfaction of an Award shall be, for purposes of the first sentence of this Section 4(a)(1), the number of Shares subject to the Award reduced by the number of Shares (a) awarded under the Plan as Restricted Stock but thereafter forfeited, or (b) made subject to an Award that is exercised or satisfied, or that terminates or expires, without the delivery of such shares, but Shares withheld to satisfy the exercise price or tax withholding obligations (through non-broker-assisted exercise or sale) relating to the exercise or settlement of an Award shall not reduce the number of Shares treated as delivered in satisfaction of such Award and any such Shares will not be again available for grants in respect of other Awards.
(2) To the extent consistent with the requirements of Section 422 and with other applicable legal requirements (including applicable stock exchange or Nasdaq requirements), Stock issued under awards of an acquired company that are converted, replaced, or adjusted in connection with the acquisition shall not reduce the number of Shares available for Awards under the Plan.
(b) Type of Shares. Stock delivered by the Company under the Plan may be authorized but unissued Stock or previously issued Stock acquired by the Company. No fractional Shares will be delivered under the Plan.
(c) ISO Limit. The maximum number of Shares that may be delivered in satisfaction of ISOs under the Plan shall be two million (2,000,000) shares.
(d) Non-Employee Director Limits. The maximum number of Shares that may be delivered in satisfaction of Awards granted during a single fiscal year under the Plan, or under any other equity plan maintained by the Company, to any Outside Director, taken together with any cash fees payable to such Outside Director during the fiscal year, may not exceed three hundred thousand dollars ($300,000) in total value, provided, however, that in the case of an Outside Director who is newly appointed to the Board, the maximum amount payable to such Outside Director in his or her first year as an Outside Director may be up to 50% greater than the maximum amount set forth in this sentence. The value of any Award for purposes of this Section 4(e) shall be determined by reference to the grant date fair value of such Award used by the Company for financial reporting purposes and shall exclude the value of any dividends or dividend equivalents paid pursuant to an Award granted in a prior fiscal year.
ELIGIBILITY AND PARTICIPATION
The Administrator will select Participants from among those key Employees, Outside Directors, and consultants and advisors to, the Company or its Affiliates who, in the opinion of the Administrator, are in a position to make a significant contribution to the success of the Company and its Affiliates. Eligibility for ISOs is limited to employees of the Company or of a parent corporation or subsidiary corporation of the Company as those terms are defined in Section 424 of the Code.
RULES APPLICABLE TO AWARDS
(a) All Awards
(1) Award Provisions. The Administrator will determine the terms of all Awards, subject to the limitations provided herein. By accepting any Award granted hereunder, the Participant agrees to the terms of the Award and the Plan. Notwithstanding any provision of this Plan to the contrary, awards of an acquired company that are converted, replaced or adjusted in connection with the acquisition may contain terms and conditions that are inconsistent with the terms and conditions specified herein, as determined by the Administrator.
(2) Term of Plan. No Awards may be made after May 8, 2033, but previously granted Awards may continue beyond that date in accordance with their terms.
(3) Transferability. ISOs may not be transferred other than by will or the laws of descent and distribution and may be exercised, during the lifetime of the Participant to whom they were awarded, only by that Participant. Other Awards may be transferred during a Participants lifetime only on a gratuitous basis and then only to the extent, if any, determined by the Administrator.
(4) Vesting, Etc. The Administrator may determine the time or times at which an Award will vest or become exercisable and the terms on which an Award requiring exercise will remain exercisable. Without limiting the foregoing, the Administrator may at any time accelerate the vesting or exercisability of an Award, regardless of any adverse or potentially adverse tax consequences resulting from such acceleration. Unless the Administrator expressly provides otherwise, however, the following rules will apply: immediately upon the cessation of the Participants Employment, each Award requiring exercise that is then held by the Participant or by the Participants permitted transferees, if any, will cease to be exercisable and will terminate, and all other Awards that are then held by the Participant or by the Participants permitted transferees, if any, to the extent not already vested will be forfeited, except that:
(A) subject to (B) and (C) below, all Stock Options and SARs held by the Participant or the Participants permitted transferees, if any, immediately prior to the cessation of the Participants Employment, to the extent then exercisable, will remain exercisable for the lesser of (i) a period of three months or (ii) the period ending on the latest date on which such Stock Option or SAR could have been exercised without regard to this Section 6(a)(4), and will thereupon terminate;
(B) all Stock Options and SARs held by a Participant or the Participants permitted transferees, if any, immediately prior to the Participants death, to the extent then exercisable, will remain exercisable for the lesser of (i) the one year period ending with the first anniversary of the Participants death or (ii) the period ending on the latest date on which such Stock Option or SAR could have been exercised without regard to this Section 6(a)(4), and will thereupon terminate; and
(C) all Stock Options and SARs held by a Participant or the Participants permitted transferees, if any, immediately prior to the cessation of the Participants Employment will immediately terminate upon such cessation if the Administrator in its sole discretion determines that such cessation of Employment has resulted for reasons which cast such discredit on the Participant as to justify immediate termination of the Award.
(5) Taxes. The Administrator will make such provision for the withholding of taxes as it deems necessary. The Administrator may, but need not, hold back Shares from an Award or permit a Participant to tender previously owned Shares or through broker-assisted sales of Shares underlying an Award in satisfaction of tax withholding requirements (but not in excess of the maximum withholding required by law).
(6) Dividend Equivalents, Etc. The Administrator may provide for the payment of amounts in lieu of cash dividends or other cash distributions with respect to Stock subject to an Award. Any entitlement to dividend equivalents or similar entitlements shall be established and administered consistent either with exemption from, or compliance with, the requirements of Section 409A to the extent applicable.
(7) Rights Limited. Nothing in the Plan will be construed as giving any person the right to continued employment or service with the Company or its Affiliates, or any rights as a stockholder except as to Shares actually issued under the Plan. The loss of existing or potential profit in Awards will not constitute an element of damages in the event of termination of Employment for any reason, even if the termination is in violation of an obligation of the Company or Affiliate to the Participant.
(8) Performance Awards. In connection with the grant of Performance Awards to Participants, the Administrator shall have the authority to grant any such Performance Awards with the following terms and conditions and with such additional terms and conditions, in either case not inconsistent with the provisions of the Plan, as the Administrator shall determine:
(A) Performance Awards may be denominated as a number of Shares or units or a combination thereof and are Awards which may be earned upon achievement or satisfaction of performance conditions, which may include any Performance Criteria, specified by the Administrator. In addition, the Administrator may specify that any other Award shall constitute a Performance Award by conditioning the grant to a Participant or the right of a Participant to exercise the Award or have it settled, and the timing thereof, upon achievement or satisfaction of such performance conditions as may be specified by the Administrator. Subject to the terms of the Plan, the performance goals to be achieved during any Performance Period, the length of any Performance Period, the amount of any Performance Award granted and the amount of any payment or transfer to be made pursuant to any Performance Award shall be determined by the Administrator.
(B) If the Administrator determines that a change in the business, operations, corporate structure or capital structure of the Company, or the manner in which the Company conducts its business, or other events or circumstances render the performance objectives unsuitable, the Administrator may modify the performance objectives or the related minimum acceptable level of achievement, in whole or in part, as the Administrator deems appropriate and equitable such that it does not provide any undue enrichment or harm. Performance measures may vary from Performance Award to Performance Award and from Participant to Participant, and may be established on a stand-alone basis, in tandem or in the alternative. The Administrator shall have the power to impose such other restrictions on Awards subject to this Section 8(B) as it may deem necessary or appropriate to ensure that such Awards satisfy all requirements of any applicable law, stock market or exchange rules and regulations or accounting or tax rules and regulations.
(C) Settlement of Performance Awards shall be in Shares, other Awards, other property, net settlement, or any combination thereof, as determined in the discretion of the Administrator.
(D) A Performance Award shall not convey to the Participant the rights and privileges of a stockholder with respect to the Share subject to the Performance Award, such as the right to vote (except as relates to Restricted Stock) or the right to receive dividends, unless and until Shares are issued to the Participant to settle the Performance Award. The Administrator, in its sole discretion, may provide that a Performance Award shall convey the right to receive dividend equivalents on the Shares underlying the Performance Award with respect to any dividends declared during the period that the Performance Award is outstanding, in which case, such dividend equivalent rights shall accumulate and shall be paid in cash or Shares on the settlement date of the Performance Award, subject to the Participants earning of the Shares underlying the Performance Awards with respect to which such dividend equivalents are paid upon achievement or satisfaction of performance conditions specified by the Administrator. Shares delivered upon the vesting and settlement of a Performance Award may be evidenced in such manner as the Administrator may deem appropriate, including book-entry registration. For the avoidance of doubt, unless otherwise determined by the Administrator, no dividend equivalent rights shall be provided with respect to any Shares subject to Performance Awards that are not earned or otherwise do not vest or settle pursuant to their terms.
(E) The Administrator may, in its discretion, increase or reduce the amount of a settlement otherwise to be made in connection with a Performance Award.
(b) Awards Requiring Exercise
(1) 409A Exemption. Except as the Administrator otherwise determines, no Award requiring exercise shall have deferral features, or shall be administered in a manner, that would cause such Award to fail to qualify for exemption from Section 409A.
(2) Time And Manner Of Exercise. Unless the Administrator expressly provides otherwise, an Award requiring exercise by the holder will not be deemed to have been exercised until the Administrator receives a notice of exercise (in form acceptable to the Administrator) signed by the appropriate person and accompanied by any payment required under the Award. If the Award is exercised by any person other than the Participant, the Administrator may require satisfactory evidence that the person exercising the Award has the right to do so.
(3) Exercise Price. The exercise price (or the base value from which appreciation is to be measured) of each Award requiring exercise shall be not less than 100% of the fair market value of the Stock subject to the Award, determined as of the date of grant, or such higher amount as the Administrator may determine in connection with the grant. Fair market value shall be determined by the Administrator consistent with the requirements of Section 422 and Section 409A, as applicable. No such Award, once granted, may be repriced other than in accordance with the applicable stockholder approval requirements of Nasdaq.
(4) Payment Of Exercise Price. Where the exercise of an Award is to be accompanied by payment, the Administrator may determine the required or permitted forms of payment, subject to the requirements of this paragraph. All payments will be by cash or check acceptable to the Administrator, or, if so permitted by the Administrator and if legally permissible, (i) through the delivery of Shares that have been outstanding for at least six months (unless the Administrator approves a shorter period) and that have a fair market value equal to the exercise price, (ii) by delivery to the Company of a promissory note of the person exercising the Award, payable on such terms as are specified by the Administrator, (iii) through a broker-assisted exercise program acceptable to the Administrator, (iv) through withholding by the Company of Shares otherwise issuable upon exercise of the Award, with such withheld shares to be applied to the applicable exercise price based on the then-existing fair market value of the shares, (v) by other means acceptable to the Administrator, or (vi) by any combination of the foregoing permissible forms of payment. The delivery of shares in payment of the exercise price under clause (i) above may be accomplished either by actual delivery or by constructive delivery through attestation of ownership, subject to such rules as the Administrator may prescribe.
(5) In the case of an ISO granted to an owner of stock (as determined by Section 424(d) of the Code) possessing more than ten percent (10%) of the voting power of all classes of stock of the Company or of a parent corporation or subsidiary corporation of the Company (as those terms are defined in Section 424(d) of the Code), the exercise price shall be no less than 110% of the fair market value of the Stock subject to the ISO, determined as of the date of grant, and the term of the ISO shall be no more than five (5) years from the date of grant.
(c) Awards Not Requiring Exercise
Restricted Stock and Unrestricted Stock, whether delivered outright or under Awards of Stock Units or other Awards that do not require exercise, may be made in exchange for such lawful consideration, including services, as the Administrator determines. Any Award resulting in a deferral of compensation subject to Section 409A shall be construed to the maximum extent possible, as determined by the Administrator, consistent with the requirements of Section 409A.
EFFECT OF CERTAIN TRANSACTIONS
(a) Mergers, etc. Except as otherwise provided in an Award, the following provisions shall apply in the event of a Covered Transaction:
(1) Assumption or Substitution. If the Covered Transaction is one in which there is an acquiring or surviving entity, the Administrator may provide for the assumption of some or all outstanding Awards or for the grant of new awards in substitution therefor by the acquiror or survivor or an affiliate of the acquiror or survivor. Any substitution or assumption of a Stock Option or SAR exempt from the requirements of Section 409A shall be accomplished on a basis that preserves such exemption.
(2) Cash-Out of Awards. If the Covered Transaction is one in which holders of Stock will receive upon consummation a payment (whether cash, non-cash or a combination of the foregoing), the Administrator may provide for payment (a cash-out), with respect to some or all Awards or portions thereof, equal in the case of each affected Award or portion thereof to the excess, if any, of (A) the fair market value of one share of Stock (as determined by the Administrator in its reasonable discretion) times the number of shares of Stock subject to the Award or such portion, over (B) the aggregate exercise or purchase price, if any, under the Award or such portion (in the case of a SAR, the aggregate base price above which appreciation is measured), in each case on such payment terms (which need not be the same as the terms of payment to holders of Stock) and other terms, and subject to such conditions, as the Administrator determines.
(3) Acceleration of Certain Awards. If the Covered Transaction (whether or not there is an acquiring or surviving entity) is one in which there is no assumption, substitution or cash-out, each Award requiring exercise will become fully exercisable, and the delivery of shares of Stock deliverable under each outstanding Award of Stock Units (including Restricted Stock Units and Performance Awards to the extent consisting of Stock Units) will be accelerated and such shares will be delivered, prior to the Covered Transaction, in each case on a basis that gives the holder of the Award a reasonable opportunity, as determined by the Administrator, following exercise of the Award or the delivery of the shares, as the case may be, to participate as a stockholder in the Covered Transaction.
(4) Termination of Awards Upon Consummation of Covered Transaction. Each Award (unless assumed pursuant to Section 7(a)(1) above), other than outstanding shares of Restricted Stock (which shall be treated in the same manner as other shares of Stock, subject to Section 7(a)(5) below), will terminate upon consummation of the Covered Transaction.
(5) Additional Limitations. Any share of Stock delivered pursuant to Section 7(a)(2) or Section 7(a)(3) above with respect to an Award may, in the discretion of the Administrator, contain such restrictions, if any, as the Administrator deems appropriate to reflect any performance or other vesting conditions to which the Award was subject. In the case of Restricted Stock, the Administrator may require that any amounts delivered, exchanged or otherwise paid in respect of such Stock in connection with the Covered Transaction be placed in escrow or otherwise made subject to such restrictions as the Administrator deems appropriate to carry out the intent of the Plan.
(b) Change in and Distributions With Respect to Stock.
(1) Basic Adjustment Provisions. In the event of a stock dividend, stock split or combination of shares (including a reverse stock split), recapitalization or other change in the Companys capital structure, the Administrator will make appropriate adjustments to the maximum number of shares specified in Section 4(a) that may be delivered under the Plan, to the maximum share limits described in Section 4(c), and to the maximum ISO limit in Section 4(d), and will also make appropriate adjustments to the number and kind of shares of stock or securities subject to Awards then outstanding or subsequently granted, any exercise prices relating to Awards and any other provision of Awards affected by such change.
(2) Certain Other Adjustments. The Administrator may also make adjustments of the type described in Section 7(b)(1) above to take into account distributions to stockholders other than those provided for in Section 7(a) and 7(b)(1), or any other event, if the Administrator determines that adjustments are appropriate to avoid distortion in the operation of the Plan and to preserve the value of Awards made hereunder, having due regard for the qualification of ISOs under Section 422, the requirements of Section 409A, and the performance-based compensation rules of Section 162(m), where applicable.
(3) Continuing Application of Plan Terms. References in the Plan to Shares will be construed to include any stock or securities resulting from an adjustment pursuant to this Section 7.
LEGAL CONDITIONS ON DELIVERY OF STOCK
The Company will not be obligated to deliver any Shares pursuant to the Plan or to remove any restriction from Shares previously delivered under the Plan until: (i) the Company is satisfied that all legal matters in connection with the issuance and delivery of such shares have been addressed and resolved; (ii) if the outstanding Stock is at the time of delivery listed on any stock exchange or national market system, the shares to be delivered have been listed or authorized to be listed on such exchange or system upon official notice of issuance; and (iii) all conditions of the Award have been satisfied or waived. If the sale of Stock has not been registered under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, the Company may require, as a condition to exercise of the Award, such representations or agreements as counsel for the Company may consider appropriate to avoid violation of such Act. The Company may require that certificates evidencing Stock issued under the Plan bear an appropriate legend reflecting any restriction on transfer applicable to such Stock, and the Company may hold the certificates pending lapse of the applicable restrictions.
AMENDMENT AND TERMINATION
The Administrator may at any time or times amend the Plan or any outstanding Award for any purpose which may at the time be permitted by law, and may at any time terminate the Plan as to any future grants of Awards; provided, that except as otherwise expressly provided in the Plan the Administrator may not, without the Participants consent, alter the terms of an Award so as to affect adversely the Participants rights under the Award, unless the Administrator expressly reserved the right to do so at the time of the Award. Any amendments to the Plan shall be conditioned upon stockholder approval only to the extent, if any, such approval is
required by law (including the Code and applicable stock exchange or Nasdaq requirements), as determined by the Administrator. To the extent any amendment effected pursuant to the amendments made to the Plan in connection with this amendment and restatement of the Plan in 2023 adversely affect a Participants rights under an Award that was outstanding prior to the effective date of such amendment and restatement, any such amendment shall not apply to any such Award to the minimum extent necessary to avoid such adverse impact, in each case as determined by the Administrator in its sole discretion.
OTHER COMPENSATION ARRANGEMENTS
The existence of the Plan or the grant of any Award will not in any way affect the Companys right to award a person bonuses or other compensation in addition to Awards under the Plan.
(a) Waiver of Jury Trial. By accepting an Award under the Plan, each Participant waives any right to a trial by jury in any action, proceeding or counterclaim concerning any rights under the Plan and any Award, or under any amendment, waiver, consent, instrument, document or other agreement delivered or which in the future may be delivered in connection therewith, and agrees that any such action, proceedings or counterclaim shall be tried before a court and not before a jury. By accepting an Award under the Plan, each Participant certifies that no officer, representative, or attorney of the Company has represented, expressly or otherwise, that the Company would not, in the event of any action, proceeding or counterclaim, seek to enforce the foregoing waivers.
(b) Limitation of Liability. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the Plan, neither the Company, any Affiliate, nor the Administrator, nor any person acting on behalf of any of them, shall be liable to any Participant or to the estate or beneficiary of any Participant or to any other holder of an Award by reason of any acceleration of income, or any additional tax, asserted by reason of the failure of an Award to satisfy the requirements of Section 422 or Section 409A or by reason of Section 4999 of the Code; provided, that nothing in this Section 11(b) shall limit the ability of the Administrator or the Company to provide by separate express written agreement with a Participant for a gross-up payment or other payment in connection with any such tax or additional tax.
(c) Section 409A of the Code. With respect to Awards subject to Section 409A of the Code, the Plan is intended to comply with the requirements of Section 409A of the Code, and the provisions of the Plan and any Award Agreement shall be interpreted in a manner that satisfies the requirements of Section 409A of the Code, and the Plan shall be operated accordingly. If any provision of the Plan or any term or condition of any Award would otherwise frustrate or conflict with this intent, the provision, term or condition shall be interpreted and deemed amended so as to avoid this conflict. Notwithstanding anything in the Plan to the contrary, if the Board considers a Participant to be a specified employee under Section 409A of the Code at the time of such Participants separation from service (as defined in Section 409A of the Code), and any amount hereunder is deferred compensation subject to Section 409A of the Code, any distribution of such amount that otherwise would be made to such Participant with respect to an Award as a result of such separation from service shall not be made until the date that is six months after such separation from service, except to the extent that earlier distribution would not result in such Participants incurring interest or additional tax under Section 409A of the Code. If an Award includes a series of installment payments (within the meaning of Section 1.409A -2(b)(2)(iii) of the Treasury Regulations), the Participants right to such series of installment payments shall be treated as a right to a series of separate payments and not as a right to a single payment, and if an Award includes dividend equivalents (within the meaning of Section 1.409A -3(e) of the Treasury Regulations), the Participants right to such dividend equivalents shall be treated separately from the right to other amounts under the Award. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the tax treatment of the benefits provided under the Plan or any Award Agreement is not warranted or guaranteed, and in no event shall the Company be liable for all or any portion of any taxes, penalties, interest or other expenses that may be incurred by any Participant on account of non-compliance with Section 409A of the Code.
(d) Effective Date of the Amended and Restated Plan. The most recently amended and restated version of the Plan was approved by the Board on March 24, 2023. The amended and restated version of the Plan shall become effective as, and subject to, its approval by the stockholders of the Company. If the Plan is not approved by the stockholders of the Company, the amended and restated version of the Plan will not become effective.
(e) Data Protection. By participating in the Plan, the Participant consents to the holding and processing of personal information provided by the Participant to the Company or any of its Affiliates, trustee or third party service provider, for all purposes relating to the operation of the Plan. These include:
(1) administering and maintaining Participant records;
(2) providing information to the Company, any Subsidiary, trustees of any employee benefit trust, registrars, brokers or third party administrators of the Plan;
(3) providing information to future purchasers or merger partners of the Company or any of its Affiliates, or the business in which the Participant works; and
(4) transferring information about the Participant to any country or territory that may not provide the same protection for the information as the Participants home country.
(f) Clawback. Notwithstanding any provision herein to the contrary, Awards and shares of Stock (and proceeds therefrom) obtained pursuant to or on exercise of such Awards hereunder are subject to forfeiture, setoff, recoupment or other recovery if the Administrator determines in good faith that such action is required by applicable law or Company policy.
(g) Successors and Assigns. The terms of the Plan shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the Company and any successor entity, including any successor entity contemplated by Section 7(a).
(h) Governing Law. The Plan and each Award Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware, without application of the conflicts of law principles thereof.
Definition of Terms
The following terms, when used in the Plan, will have the meanings and be subject to the provisions set forth below:
Administrator: The Compensation Committee, except that the Compensation Committee may delegate (i) to one or more of its members such of its duties, powers and responsibilities as it may determine; (ii) to one or more officers of the Company the power to grant rights or options to the extent permitted by Section 157(c) of the Delaware General Corporation Law; (iii) to one or more officers of the Company the authority to allocate other Awards among such persons (other than officers of the Company) eligible to receive Awards under the Plan as such delegated officer or officers determine consistent with such delegation; provided, that with respect to any delegation described in this clause (iii) the Compensation Committee (or a properly delegated member or members of such Committee) shall have authorized the issuance of a specified number of Shares under such Awards and shall have specified the consideration, if any, to be paid therefor; and (iv) to such Employees or other persons as it determines such ministerial tasks as it deems appropriate. Unless the Board shall determine otherwise, and to the extent necessary to comply with applicable law, each member of the Compensation Committee shall also satisfy the requirements of non-employee director for purposes of Rule 16b-3 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The Board may designate one or more directors as a subcommittee who may act for the Compensation Committee if necessary to satisfy the requirements of the prior sentence. In the event of any delegation described in the preceding sentence, the term Administrator shall include the person or persons so delegated to the extent of such delegation.
Affiliate: Any corporation or other entity that stands in a relationship to the Company that would result in the Company and such corporation or other entity being treated as one employer under Section 414(b) or Section 414(c) of the Code, except that in determining eligibility for the grant of a Stock Option or SAR by reason of service for an Affiliate, Sections 414(b) and 414(c) of the Code shall be applied by substituting at least 50% for at least 80% under Section 1563(a)(1), (2) and (3) of the Code and Treas. Regs. § 1.414(c)-2; provided, that to the extent permitted under Section 409A, at least 20% shall be used in lieu of at least 50%; and further provided, that the lower ownership threshold described in this definition (50% or 20% as the case may be) shall apply only if the same definition of affiliation is used consistently with respect to all compensatory stock options or stock awards (whether under the Plan or another plan). The Company may at any time by amendment provide that different ownership thresholds (consistent with Section 409A) apply. Notwithstanding the foregoing provisions of this definition, except as otherwise determined by the Administrator, a corporation or other entity shall be treated as an Affiliate only if its employees would be treated as employees of the Company for purposes of the rules promulgated under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, with respect to the use of Form S-8.
Award: Any or a combination of the following:
Stock Units, including Restricted Stock Units.
Awards (other than Awards described in (i) through (vi) above) that are convertible into or otherwise based on Stock.
Award Agreement: any agreement, contract or other instrument or document (including in electronic form) evidencing any Award granted under the Plan, which may, but need not, be executed or acknowledged by a Participant.
Board: The Board of Directors of the Company.
Code: The U.S. Internal Revenue Code of 1986 as from time to time amended and in effect, or any successor statute as from time to time in effect.
Compensation Committee: The Compensation and Nominating Committee of the Board.
Company: Forrester Research, Inc.
Covered Transaction: Any of (i) a consolidation, merger, or similar transaction or series of related transactions, including a sale or other disposition of stock, in which the Company is not the surviving corporation or which results in the acquisition of all or substantially all of the Companys then outstanding common stock by a single person or entity or by a group of persons and/or entities acting in concert, (ii) a sale or transfer of all or substantially all the Companys assets, or (iii) a dissolution or liquidation of the Company. Where a Covered Transaction involves a tender offer that is reasonably expected to be followed by a merger described in clause (i) (as determined by the Administrator), the Covered Transaction shall be deemed to have occurred upon consummation of the tender offer. Notwithstanding the foregoing, (A) no Covered Transaction shall be deemed to have occurred if there is consummated any transaction or series of integrated transactions immediately following which the record holders of the Shares immediately prior to such transaction or series of transactions continue to have substantially the same proportionate ownership in an entity which owns substantially all of the assets of the Company immediately prior to such transaction or series of transactions, (B) to the extent an Award is subject to Section 409A of the Code if and only to the extent required to comply with the requirements of Section 409A of the Code, no event or circumstances described in any of clauses (i) through (iii) above shall constitute a Covered Transaction unless such event or circumstances also constitute a change in the ownership or effective control of the Company, or in the ownership of a substantial portion of the Companys assets, as defined in Section 409A of the Code and (C) no Covered Transaction shall be deemed to have occurred upon the acquisition of additional control of the Company by any person that is considered to effectively control the Company. In no event will a Covered Transaction be deemed to have occurred if any Participant is part of a group within the meaning of Section 13(d)(3) of the Exchange Act that effects a Covered Transaction. Terms used in the definition of a Covered Transaction shall be as defined or interpreted in a manner consistent with Section 409A of the Code.
Director: Any member of the Board.
Employee: Any person who is employed by the Company or an Affiliate.
Employment: A Participants employment or other service relationship with the Company and its Affiliates. Employment will be deemed to continue, unless the Administrator expressly provides otherwise, so long as the Participant is employed by, or otherwise is providing services in a capacity described in Section 5 to the Company or its Affiliates. If a Participants employment or other service relationship is with an Affiliate and that entity ceases to be an Affiliate, the Participants Employment will be deemed to have terminated when the entity ceases to be an Affiliate unless the Participant transfers Employment to the Company or its remaining Affiliates.
Exchange Act: the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended from time to time, and the rules, regulations and guidance thereunder. Any reference to a provision in the Exchange Act shall include any successor provision thereto.
ISO: A Stock Option intended to be an incentive stock option within the meaning of Section 422. Each option granted pursuant to the Plan will be treated as providing by its terms that it is to be a non-incentive stock option unless, as of the date of grant, it is expressly designated as an ISO.
Original 2006 Plan Effective Date: May 9, 2006, the date of the Companys annual meeting of stockholders at which the Plan was first presented to the stockholders for approval.
Outside Director: A member of the Board who is not otherwise an Employee of the Company.
Participant: A person who is granted an Award under the Plan.
Performance Award: An Award subject to Performance Criteria. The Administrator in its discretion may grant Performance Awards that are intended to qualify for the performance-based compensation exception under Section 162(m) and Performance Awards that are not intended so to qualify.
Performance Criteria: Specified criteria, other than the mere continuation of Employment or the mere passage of time, the satisfaction of which is a condition for the grant, exercisability, vesting or full enjoyment of an Award. Performance Criteria may, subject to the prior sentence of this definition, consist of any business criteria or other measures of performance as may be deemed appropriate by the Administrator, including, but not limited to, objectively or subjectively determinable measures of performance relating to any or any combination of the following (measured either absolutely or by reference to an index or indices and determined either on a consolidated basis or, as the context permits, on a divisional, subsidiary, line of business, project or geographical basis or in combinations thereof): bookings; sales; revenues; operating income or operating margin; assets; expenses; earnings before or after deduction for all or any portion of interest, taxes, depreciation, or amortization, whether or not on a continuing operations or an aggregate or per share basis; return on equity, investment, capital or assets; one or more operating ratios; borrowing levels, leverage ratios or credit rating; market share; capital expenditures; cash flow; stock price; stockholder return; sales of particular products or services; customer acquisition or retention; acquisitions and divestitures (in whole or in part); joint ventures and strategic alliances; spin-offs, split-ups and the like; reorganizations, recapitalizations, restructurings, financings (issuance of debt or equity) or refinancings; or strategic business criteria, which may include one or more objectives based on meeting specified revenue, market
penetration, geographic business expansion goals, cost targets, or objective goals relating to reorganizations, acquisitions, divestitures, market share, debt reduction, customer growth, long-term client value growth, research and development achievements, regulatory compliance and achievements (including submitting or filing applications or other documents with regulatory authorities or receiving approval of any such applications or other documents), strategic partnerships or transactions and co-development, co-marketing, profit sharing, joint venture or other similar arrangements, implementation, completion or attainment of measurable objectives with respect to research, development; or other measures (including, but not limited to, gross profits, economic profit, comparisons with various stock market indices, cost of capital or assets under management, improvements in capital structure, days sales outstanding, sales performance, sales quota attainment, cross-sales, recurring sales, one-time sales, net new sales, cancellations, retention rates, new benchmark mandates, new exchange traded fund launches, financing and other capital raising transactions (including sales of the Companys equity or debt securities); factoring transactions; sales or licenses of the Companys assets, including its intellectual property, whether in a particular jurisdiction or territory or globally; or through partnering transactions). Performance Criteria and any targets with respect thereto determined by the Administrator need not be based upon an increase, a positive or improved result or avoidance of loss. The measures used in setting Performance Criteria under the Plan for any given Award may, to the extent applicable, be determined either in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) or not in accordance with GAAP, without regard to (1)unusual or infrequent events, (2) the impact of any change in accounting principles that occurs during the Performance Period (or that occurred during any period that the Performance Period is being compared to) and the cumulative effect thereof (provided that the Administrator may (as specified by the Administrator within the Applicable Period) either apply the changed accounting principle to all periods referenced in the Award, or exclude the changed accounting principle from all periods referenced in the Award), (3) goodwill and other intangible impairment and/or amortization charges, (4) gains or charges associated with discontinued operations or with the obtaining or losing control of a business, (5) gains or charges related to the sale or impairment of assets, (6)(i) all transaction costs directly related to reorganizations, acquisitions and/or divestitures, (ii) all restructuring charges directly related to reorganizations, acquisitions and/or divestitures, (iii) all charges and gains arising from the resolution of contingent liabilities related to a reorganization, acquisition and/or divestiture, and (iv) all other charges directly related to acquisitions, (7) the impact of any discrete income tax charges or benefits identified during the Performance Period (or during any period that the Performance Period is being compared to), (8) stock based compensation, (9) gains or losses on investments, (10) duplicate lease costs, (11) other objective income, expense, asset, and/or cash flow adjustments as may be consistent with the purposes of the Performance Criteria set for the given Performance Period and specified by the Administrator within the Applicable Period, and (12) the tax effects of the foregoing; and provided further that the Administrator in its sole discretion and within the Applicable Period may determine that any or all of the carve-outs described in subsections (1) through (12) shall not be excluded from the measures used to determine the Performance Criteria for a particular Performance Period or shall be modified, and/or may determine to exclude other items from such measures for such Performance Period.
Performance Period: a period for which Performance Criteria are set and during which performance is to be measured to determine whether a participant is entitled to payment of an Award under the Plan. A Performance Period may coincide with one or more complete or partial calendar or fiscal years or quarters of the Company. Unless otherwise designated by the Administrator, the Performance Period will be based on the calendar year.
Plan: Forrester Research, Inc. Amended and Restated Equity Incentive Plan as from time to time amended and in effect.
Prior Plan: Forrester Research, Inc. 1996 Amended and Restated Equity Incentive Plan, as amended and restated and in effect prior to the Original 2006 Plan Effective Date.
Restricted Stock: Stock subject to restrictions requiring that it be redelivered or offered for sale to the Company if specified conditions are not satisfied.
Restricted Stock Unit: A Stock Unit that is, or as to which the delivery of Stock or cash in lieu of Stock is, subject to the satisfaction of specified performance or other vesting conditions.
SAR: A right entitling the holder upon exercise to receive an amount (payable in Shares of equivalent value) equal to the excess of the fair market value of the Shares subject to the right over the fair market value of such shares at the date of grant.
Section 409A: Section 409A of the Code.
Section 422: Section 422 of the Code.
Section 162(m): Section 162(m) of the Code.
Share: a share of Stock.
Stock: Common Stock of the Company, par value $.01 per share.
Stock Option: An option entitling the holder to acquire Shares upon payment of the exercise price.
Stock Unit: An unfunded and unsecured promise, denominated in Shares, to deliver Stock or cash measured by the value of Stock in the future.
Unrestricted Stock: Stock not subject to any restrictions under the terms of the Award.