New Research Revealed At Forrester's SiriusDecisions Summit 2020 Shows Coronavirus Pandemic Is Accelerating Modern B2B Buying Behavior
During the virtual experience,
"These are unprecedented times, and powerful dynamics are converging within the B2B landscape," said
Today's B2B buyers are now demanding a different kind of experience and relationship with providers — they want more control and self-service, they want to be treated as equal partners, and they expect experiences that are increasingly open, connected, intuitive, and immediate. These emerging expectations fall into four categories:
- Open. Buyers expect more visibility and easier access to relevant information, such as pricing, business practices, policies, and market feedback. Openness reduces buyers' frustration and establishes trust and affinity.
- Connected. More than 60% of buyers now say providers that are knowledgeable and address their needs have the most positive impact on their buying decisions. Buyers will gravitate toward providers that work hard to understand their goals throughout the buying journey. Connectedness creates lasting partnerships through empathy and commitment.
- Intuitive. Buyers expect that knowledge of their personal journey is persistent in every experience pre- and post-sale. Being intuitive means providers must invest in the people, processes, and technology to gain greater insight into each buyer and create inviting and personalized experiences. Intuitiveness demonstrates deep customer knowledge and understanding.
- Immediate. Buyers, based on their experiences as individual consumers, will expect a streamlined buying process across their preferred channels and touchpoints. B2B companies must understand that immediacy requires being present and proactive at welcomed moments; it also delivers real-time and frictionless experiences that streamline buying.
These emerging buyer expectations present a unique opportunity to both reinvent go-to-market (GTM) motions in a buyer-friendly way and drive greater revenue efficiency using digital channels.
- Ensure that GTM functions pursue the same prioritized target market.
- Utilize more digital self-service touches throughout the buyer's journey.
- Invest strategically in sales resources.
Additional details on what buyers crave and further guidance on how to use the SiriusDecisions Buyer Empowerment Model are available to clients in the following reports:
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-research-revealed-at-forresters-siriusdecisions-summit-2020-shows-coronavirus-pandemic-is-accelerating-modern-b2b-buying-behavior-301055274.html